Friday, February 6, 2015

Weekend Reads

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I can hear the sobs and strife of single girls everywhere.

Not for me, though.

I've never thought of Valentine's Day as a day only for lovers, meant to exclude those who are not in relationships. Instead, I've viewed it as a day that everyone can celebrate, showing those they love that they are loved (disregarding when I was in 3rd grade and gave the kids that I didn't like the ugly Spongebob valentines).

As I've gotten older, Valentine's Day has been a day to celebrate with friends, parents and boyfriends and girlfriends. It's the one day of the year when you can buy heart socks, lust over Tory Burch Valentine's Day coin purses, and eat tons of chocolate (just kidding... that's every day).

So this year, don't view Valentine's Day as a day that is exclusively for people in conventional relationships. We are constantly in dozens of relationships all throughout our lives, and Valentine's Day is a chance to honor each one of those.

Here's some reading for the weekend to prepare you for the festivities:






1. Sweet rose flower crowns for a Valentine's Day brunch.
2. Adorable heart cookies for a special someone.
3. Quirky homemade Valentine's for kids (or for kids-at-heart).
4. Ever wonder what magical rainbow sprinkles are really made of? Don't worry, you can still eat them.
5. Hard to hear advice that every 20 something needs!
6. Raw chocolate pudding for Valentine's Day dessert (or breakfast!)



No comments :

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi! I blog at Brunch and Bijoux. Celebrating les belles petites choses in life.
Powered by Blogger.