Thursday, January 29, 2015

Gift Idea: Painted Leather Wallet

I made these adorable wallets for my friends for Christmas, and I am planning on making a few more for birthday presents in the next few months. They make a sweet present that is both inexpensive and quick but also personal and individualized. All you need is a leather (or faux leather) good, and some acrylic paints.

The inspiration for this post comes from Anna of Rifle Paper Co, who decked out her kate spade bag with flowers for the kate spade fashion show, and then Martha Stewart magazine, who enlisted her help in creating this template and project.


First, you will need a leather good. For my friend April, I chose a Fossil wallet. These are a decent price and good quality!

You can also use a cheaper bag! I bought this Old Navy bag for a future product, and it is super cute and 20% off right now!


Then you will need some acrylic paints. I chose Martha Stewart craft paints in Pale Bronze, Gold, and Turquoise. I also finished it off with some gold Sharpie paint pens.


Finally, paint your leather good. I hand-painted mine with a small brush, but you could also use a stencil. 


Have you ever tried decorating a leather good? Let me know how it goes!

No comments :

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi! I blog at Brunch and Bijoux. Celebrating les belles petites choses in life.
Powered by Blogger.