Monday, February 9, 2015

Vogue's Vegan Salted Dark Chocolate Cookies

There's something about salty-sweet flavors that is completely addicting to me.

I realized how far I had taken this when I was eating oatmeal for breakfast in the dining hall and I started shaking salt onto it.

My friend immediately exclaimed, "What are you doing?" as I put salt on my strawberry/walnut/brown sugar oatmeal.

Although I don't know the scientific reasons behind this, I know for a fact that sweet things taste much sweeter when a little salt is added.

Ever heard of salt on watermelon?

Or salted caramel? (salted peanut butter caramels courtesy of Minimalist Baker)

It's definitely a thing.

So this weekend, in preparation for Valentine's Day, I made salted dark chocolate cookies.

And they are vegan. And from Vogue.

Yes.

I found this recipe for Ovenly's Famous Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies on Vogue.  They were SO delicious! They were a cinch to throw together, too.

Add some extra flavor to these cookies by sprinkling some coarse sea salt over them. I used Celtic Grey Sea Salt. Let me know how they turn out!









No comments :

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi! I blog at Brunch and Bijoux. Celebrating les belles petites choses in life.
Powered by Blogger.