Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Spotlight: Spring Sneakers


As a Massachusetts native, I always laugh when it snows here.

At the first sign of a few snowflakes, Durham, NC completely shuts down. Streets are abandoned, schools are cancelled, and people sit inside, staring out their windows, afraid to go outside.

Not me.
Polienne

Last snow day we had, there was 1 inch of snow. I wanted to buy some oranges from the Whole Foods down the street, so I got in my car, wiped the snow off my windshield, and drove down the road. Ignoring stares from people in snow boots and scarfs, hats and gloves, I coasted over ice patches and bought my oranges. 

That's how we New Englanders handle snow.


That being said, I'm done with winter. I can't wait for fresh asparagus and strawberries at the farmer's markets, cool, sunny mornings and warm afternoons, and dresses, flats, and short sleeves.

However, when winter blossoms into spring and the ground is still soaked, I have a hard time figuring out what to put on my feet. Boots are too warm, flats too delicate, and sandals are a long way away.

Enter one of spring's biggest trends: sneakers.


They are practical, comfortable, athletic chic, and super trendy. Take advantage of a trend that is as practical as it is fashionable.

Even though I tend to gravitate towards more sophisticated, feminine clothes, I love this look. You can dress them up or down, and they look great with skinny jeans, a graphic tee, and a big scarf. 



1. new balance for j.crew 2. vans for j.crew (on sale!) 3. nike for j.crew

6 comments :

  1. loving the casual touch of sneakers!! awesome!

    have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canada's snow is a bit heavier then that, sneakers are far far off. Maybe in another 4 or 5 weeks. But i'm loving your inspirations.
    http://lushobsessed.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy. I am so anxious for warmer weather and spring, I can't imagine how much you are wanting it! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Love the sneaker trend. Great inspiration photos!

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi! I blog at Brunch and Bijoux. Celebrating les belles petites choses in life.
Powered by Blogger.